Location: Doha, Qatar
Industry: District Cooling Plant
Developer: Mshreib Properties
Consultant/Architect: Turner International Middle East
Value: USD 59 million (AED 216 Million)
The Dohaland development is a mixed-used complete urban redevelopment of a 35-hectare site within the centre of Doha city. Msheirb development belongs to Dohaland which is a subsidiary of Qatar Foundation for education, science and community development lead by Her Highness Sheikha Moza Bint Vasser. Dohaland’s vision is to lead innovation in urban living through sustainability and heritage. Dohaland’s target is to build the first sustainable downtown regeneration project.
DSI was appointed as the prime contractor for the district cooling system to design, construct and operate the District Cooling system. The scope of work covered:
- Mechanical, electrical and support equipment and systems for two independent central cooling plants PR1 & PR2 for a total capacity of 29,250 TR per plant.
- An interconnected sitewide reticulation network located inside service tunnel which takes off to 59 nos. energy transfer stations.
- Cooling tower make-up and blowdown pipelines from PR1 to PR2.
- Water treatment plant using TSE water for the cooling tower make-up and development irrigation, water feature and toilet flushing for the development energy transfer station (ETS).
- P/C control panels, instrumentations programming, testing & commissioning.
- Operation and maintenance of the district cooling system for a period of seven years.
- The design life of 25 years for seashore installation.